Personal information is defined in the Act as information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Generally you can access and use the Huawei Website without providing any personal information. There are occasions when Huawei requires your personal information.
Usually Huawei will only collect personal information directly from the individual concerned. Huawei may also collect personal information from third parties or publicly available sources, but only where the individual has consented to such collection or would reasonably expect Huawei to collect their personal information in this way.
Broadly speaking Huawei will only collect and use personal information for its business purposes, such as:
- Customer Satisfaction – if you are a customer of Huawei, for measuring, monitoring and improving the service Huawei provides to you;
- Marketing – Your personal information may be used by Huawei and selected third parties for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes;
- Product Development - Your personal information may be used by Huawei and selected third parties to develop better products and services for you;
- Huawei weblogs, discussion forums and chat rooms – if you participate in these activities you should be aware that any information you provide will be available to others who have access to or participate in those activities;
- New developments, functionality or other changes to the Website;
Huawei is a global enterprise. Circumstances may arise where Huawei may decide to acquire, reorganise or dispose of businesses or enter into cooperative ventures with other organisations. These activities may involve or result in the disclosure of personal information to prospective business partners. It is Huawei’s policy to require that appropriate measures to safeguard personal information are in place before any disclosures are made.
Huawei may in certain cases be obliged to disclose your personal information without your consent, such as in pursuant to statute or court ordered subpoena or warrant.
Huawei takes measures to ensure that the personal information it collects is accurate, complete and up to date.
Huawei also takes measures to safeguard the security of information it holds against unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. These measures include password protection, email and stored data encryption and physical access restrictions. When information is no longer required it will be securely deleted or destroyed.
Huawei Privacy Contact Information
If you wish to obtain a copy of your personal information held by Huawei or correct or update that personal information please contact email@example.com. Huawei may require that you verify your identity before it can agree to your request.